Friday, May 8, 2015

"Good Vibrations"

I was not going to post this week, because of the stress that has been attached to it, but I have decided that it is important for me to connect with you all at least once a week. Like I said, it has been a stressful week and I know that I am not the only one that has weeks that are more hectic than others and just seem like they will never end. At times I tend to take my stress out on the ones that I love most even when they make a gesture to help take some of that stress away. You know, the typical, "If there's anything I can do let me know" and things of that nature. I have come to realize that there are actually people who would willingly take all of your burdens and take them on themselves if it was possible. Those people do not deserve the snarky remarks that we tend to give them. I have realized that we take things out on those that we know will never leave our side. What if, one day, all of the people that we knew had unconditional love towards us got fed up with our attitudes and smart comments, told us off and left, never planning on seeing or speaking to us again? We would most likely feel lonely, lost and unaware of how we were going to possibly continue living without them. In this simple post I just wanted to remind everyone that we should never take for granted those that would literally give their lives for us. We should start to imagine how we feel when they treat us in such ways. If both parties thought that way the amount of pointless arguments and lost time to unnecessary attitudes would digress. Remember, tough times come to us all and many of us are much more fortunate than others; monetarily, physically, mentally, etc. Allow those that love you to help you in your time of need. Try to stay level headed and remember that "this too shall pass."

I also want to send special encouragement to college students. Finals are either over (lucky :p), just about over, or just about to start. Finals have played a major role in my stress levels the past few weeks and it is tough to look at them in a positive manner, but think of it this way... Yes, finals week(s) feels like hell on earth, but we made it to finals successfully and the break that we have longed for for the past nine-ten months is finally right around the corner. It is time to show these pointless tests and excruciating papers that they do not control us, although they have recently taken complete ownership of our sleep schedules.  

One last thing... Seniors, we made it! It took some of us, what feels like, forever, some four years and some only three. The amount of time it took does not matter, just that we reached the finish line. Just to think, I was out of school, and not planning on returning, a few years ago and now I am getting ready to graduate. I know I am not the only one, so whether you are 21 or 81, CONGRATULATIONS! I have a few courses to complete in the summer, but come August I will have reached that milestone with you all.

One more last thing... A huge special shout out to all of the black male graduates. We represent the lowest percentage of college graduates in the United States and, most likely, the world. When we walk across that stage we are making history. Remember that, take it to heart and represent the few that have made it this far with pride and dignity.

"And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up" (Holy Bible, Galatians 6:9).
~Good Vibrations~

No comments:

Post a Comment